Tuesday, July 20, 2004

 

Always There in the Liberal Newspapers, Waiting to Suck

Now, I know I've said a lot of liberal things on this blog, but I still maintain my status as a centrist. I believe that a policy of fiscal conservatism is wise, and I do hold somewhat Republican views on such social policy as affirmative action (make it need-based, not race-based). One other sign is that I would like nothing more than to kick Ted Rall in the shins.

Rall is like the liberal Ann Coulter: he's offensive, he goes far beyond the bounds of good taste, and his "wit", when not instilling homicidal outrage, is somewhere on par with The Family Circus. Not only can he not draw for shit, but he is the very antithesis of funny. If we stuck him and Jim Mullen in a room, we'd open a black hole of suck.

And there are times when his humor isn't just not funny, it pretty much goes against everything decent and humane. Such incidents include portraying 9/11 widows as greedy media whores and the FDNY of 2011 as rolling in dough and buying stock options en masse, and pissing all over the memory of Pat Tillman, and then later considered himself validated when it was revealed that Tillman died in friendly fire.

Now, Rall's drawing fire from civil rights groups for portraying Condi Rice as an Aunt Tom who calls herself "[Bush's] house nigra".

So, he's abusive, hateful, and occasionally racist. In summary, Ted Rall can choke on my fuck.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?