Sunday, August 15, 2004

 

Fighting Crime for Fun and Profit

So, through the benevolent intervention of my dad, my dad's non-screwed-up downloading system, and a Zip Disk, I can finally partake of the wonders of City of Heroes. And wonders they are.

However, it is a bit annoying when your name keeps getting taken. "Pentecost" already taken, eh? Well, then... I'll go by "Pentacost"! It's absolutely stupid, and I'll probably get sued over it!

Well, after abandoning the whole "Pentecost" idea, I ended up going with my default character, The Virtue. Only, not, because apparently, "Virtue" was taken. So, climbing up the hierarchy of angels, I tried "The Throne". Taken. I was going to try "The Dominion", but then I realized that naming a gay guy dressed all in black "Dominion" would take the entire thing into a very scary place, so I skipped it.

So, my character is now named "Ophan", after the singular of "Ophanim", the Hebrew way of saying "Thrones". It's archaic, outdated, and approximately five people will get it. In other words, it's perfect for me. Any other City of Heroes users interested in checking out Ophan in action can catch me on the Champion server.

Wow. Is it just me, or did it get a lot geekier in here?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?