Tuesday, August 31, 2004

 

Freedom's Just Another Word For Something More to Lose

Well, today's my last day of summer. As of 7:30 AM tomorrow morning, I'll be back in school. But it's not going to be any ordinary school year, no sir. It will be my senior year of high school. And the thing is? I'm kind of afraid.

I've spent all my life in this town, and I've been in its school system ever since I was four (preschool program; I'm not a child genius). I've been through elementary school, junior high, high school, all the way from K to freakin' 12. I've made friends, and sometimes enemies, with my teachers. I've made some friends, and many more acquaintances, amongst the student body. And I'm just afraid of what's gonna happen next.

Wait: I know what's gonna happen next. I'm going to leave this school. I'm going to go to a nice college with a solid liberal arts program and study to be a screenwriter. I will do graduate work at UCLA. I will sell many a script. I will take over Hollywood. So I really don't think I should be that afraid.

So. Tomorrow's senior year. Better make it count.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?