Sunday, August 08, 2004

 

Warning: Flash Gordon Approaching!

I spent three years at a little summer camp down in Pennsylvania designed to help kids with slight developmental disabilities (in my case, Asperger's Syndrome). All it did was serve to torment me and waste my parents' well-intentioned thousands of dollars, but that's another story. My first year there, everyone in my little corner of the camp was hauled into the canteen to watch the '80s version of Flash Gordon. A part of me died in that canteen. Then we were told that we would be performing a stage version of Flash Gordon- complete with musical numbers- and the rest of me died. To this day, I still can't hear the Queen theme song without breaking out into a painful rash (you'd think I'm exaggerating about that, but nooooo....).

So, needless to say, it does not fill me with delight that Flash Gordon is coming to the screen yet again, this time helmed by Stephen "I Should Have Been Lobotomized After Van Helsing" Sommers.

If anyone needs me, I'll be wrapped in a blanket and catatonically singing, "He saved every one of us...", over and over again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?