Thursday, September 09, 2004

 

Bang Bang, My Congressman Shot Me Down

Unbe-fucking-lievable. The GOP is pretty much saying that they won't vote on the assault weapons ban that expires Monday. This, I believe, is bullshit. I'm all for bearing arms, but please. One can defends oneself with a handgun, or hunt with a shotgun or a rifle. There's no need to go all Predator and use a chaingun in either situation.

And why is the GOP letting the ban expire, besides DeLay's continuing effort to lure in the separatist militia voting bloc? Well, here's the logic from the big man himself:

DeLay said the ban was "a feel-good piece of legislation" that does nothing to keep weapons out of the hands of criminals.

So, let me get this straight: You're letting a weapons ban expire... because it doesn't block all forms of automatic weapons... but, in blocking it, you're making automatic weapons more accessible to criminals. I do believe my cerebellum melted because of that one.

Guns don't kill people; bureaucracy kills people.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?