Saturday, September 11, 2004

 

Beating a Dead Velociraptor

SPOILERS AHEAD. Mind you, spoilers for a movie that may never get made, or may get made in a severely altered form, but... spoilers.

Once upon a time, I saw Jurassic Park 3. That was a more innocent time, a time when I thought Rush Hour 2 was pretty damn funny. And even then, I realized that the movie sucked wind. I realized that the only reason this movie had been made was to drag a few more bucks out of the franchise.

And now, someone (specifically Universal, Spielberg, and a bunch of industry bigwigs who want to sap gullible moviegoers of hard-earned cash) think it would be a good idea to make Jurassic Park 4. And, judging by the script review, I'm not exactly confident.

Gene-spliced dinosaur super soldiers, people. Unless you're making a movie based on a Saturday morning cartoon, those words should never find their way into the plot of your film.

That does it. Screw Hollywood. I'm going to give up pursuing screenwriting for a more noble literary pursuit. Like, say, poetry.

Nah, I'll just do screenwriting anyway. Because I'm a big whore. But I won't enjoy it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?