Monday, September 20, 2004

 

"Prepare... Prepare for the Parting of the Air..."

So, Angels in America took home 7 Emmys last night. Which makes it all the more appropriate that I finally received the series on DVD as a late birthday present yesterday afternoon.

I still like it. I know the politics are a bit hoary, but the characters are interesting (especially Roy Cohn, the only occasion where Al Pacino can get away with munching on the scenery), the dialogue is charming, and the music... well, I don't think I can say this without sounding like a massive pussy, but the music is ethereal. Seriously. Just listening to the opening theme gives me goosebumps.

Only managed to rewatch Part 1 of Millennium Approaches, though. But I think I'll catch up.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?