Wednesday, October 06, 2004

 

Flip-Flop, and You Don't Stop

Okay, once again, I did not watch the debate last night. But if I had, I would probably have thrown something at Dick Cheney's ugly mug:

Cheney, with his daughter Mary an out lesbian in the audience, spoke supportively about gay relationships and said that "people ought to be free to choose any arrangement they want." But, he acknowledged that Bush supports passage of a constitutional marriage to ban gay marriage, and said, "He sets policy for this administration, and I support him."

My, quite a change from "Let the states decide", eh? Mind you, a change from the position you took in the 2000 campaign, before switching over to support the FMA, and then switching over again after the FMA failed in the Senate.

The big question is why Mary didn't lob a tomato at him from the audience.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?