Thursday, October 07, 2004

 

I Apologize... No, I Don't

Grr. There's nothing I hate more than non-apologies. Whether's it's Jerry Falwell saying "I'm sure there are plenty of good Muslims, even if I did call their spiritual leader a terrorist", or... well, Jerry Falwell, saying, "I'm sorry if anyone was offended when I said that God brought down the Twin Towers because of feminism." Now comes Jim DeMint:

At a Wednesday news conference DeMint said he was speaking as a parent who wants the best for children.

"So as my wife often reminds me, sometimes my heart disengages from my head and I say something I shouldn't and that's what happened yesterday," said DeMint.

"I clearly said something as a dad that I just shouldn't have said. And I apologize."

But, when asked his apology included gays he said no, adding that he stands by the comments.


"Yes, I'm sorry if I got overreactive, but fags still suck." Haaaaaaate.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?