Wednesday, November 03, 2004

 

Bluegr-Ass State

Because I really needed to be more depressed.

In Kentucky, Jim Bunning was going up against Dan Mongiardo for a Senate seat. Bunning looked like a massive jackass during his campaign. He at first refused to hold any debates, but then agreed to one debate, where he would be broadcast via satellite from his campaign headquarters and have the aid of a teleprompter. He told an interviewer that he rarely paid attention to the news, save for a little FOX News every now and then. In the last few days of his run, his aides resorted to gay-baiting, calling Mongiardo "limp-wristed" and saying things about him like, "I'm not sure 'man' even applies to him."

And yet, he won. 51%-49%.

I'd say "Fuck you, Kentucky," but my grandparents live there. I'm truly this close to heading for the border.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?