Tuesday, December 07, 2004

 

And Then I Killed Myself

Well, now that at least 12 hours have elapsed, I guess I can share my embarrassing experience with you.

I had a Physics test yesterday. Seeing as I got a 75 on the last one, I decided to go to a study session 1st period. I walk in, and find that it's packed. The teacher hands out a test to everyone. This would have been Sign #1 that something was wrong, but I thought it was just an old test we were using for practice.

Then I come across a problem involving a boom and torque with which I have trouble. I ask the teacher for a little help. The resultant murmuring and the teacher slowly trying to explain things to me should have been Sign #2. And yet, I soldiered on.

When the test was done-- with very little trouble, I might add-- I handed it in, then suited up to go to my next class, resulting in this dialogue:

Teacher: "Hold on. Don't you have Lab next period?"
Me: "...No. Why?"
Teacher: "But aren't you in Purple [the class at present]?"
Me: "No, I'm in Tan [my class]. Why?"
Teacher: "[sputters of disbelief]"
Me: "Uh... what is it?"
Teacher: "Justin... you just took the test."
Me: "[pause, then long string of silent cursing]"

Turns out that was the real test. The teacher missed it because he didn't know I wasn't in that class, and none of the other students pointed it out because they'd thought I might have transferred (though why I'd transfer from one AP Physics class to another is a bit boggling). So, I was able to skip Physics later in the day, went off to Film, and felt myself slowly dying inside.

Heh.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?