Sunday, December 05, 2004

 

Tree and Trimmings

Yesterday, the Cognito Clan got its tree. This year, however, we had to find a new Christmas tree farm. Ever since I was young, we always shopped at a place that came to be known as the Christmas Tree Farm of Cherished Memories. Then came 2003, when it came to be known as the Christmas Tree Farm of a Steep-Ass Hill and Very Few Trees. We resorted to buying trees from a roadside stand, and after finding out that our neighbors (who'd managed to get a tree from the CTFoaSAHaVFT) had lost half their needles, we decided we needed a new tradition.

So, we headed out to Arrowhead Acres, which turned out to be surprisingly awesome. There was a whole array of trees, which, once cut down, would be handily tagged, netted, and brought to a drop-off point for your convenience.

Afterwards, we all went to lunch at a place called the Lil' Texan down the street. The food was great (I had Fried Ice Cream for the first time in my life), and the country music didn't make me want to cut out my eardrums with my knife. Though when I brought the subject up, Brother Cognito did promise to bury me in a shallow grave in the woods if I ever started to like country music. (Even if I kinda do. So don't be surprised if this blog doesn't get updated again.)

After getting home, we set up the tree and started decorating with beloved ornaments. And I finally realized just how gay I truly am, with all my comments about how "cute" and "adorable" certain ornaments were. Yup. Not one drop of testosterone here.

And now it's done. The tree is decorated, the lights are shining, and all we have to do is wait for the presents to stack up. Yay.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?