Monday, January 10, 2005

 

No Food or Supplies, but Hey, We Can Give You God!

What is it with relief efforts that are using this tsunami disaster to spread their own faith? First it was Madonna sending over ten thousand teeny tiny bottles of Kaballah water, now it's evangelical groups using the disaster to get converts. Especially spewworthy quote:

"This [disaster] is one of the greatest opportunities God has given us to share his love with people," said K.P. Yohannan, president of the Texas-based Gospel for Asia.

Yeah, God killed over 150,000 people just so you could possibly stop everyone else from going to Hell. I know I'd keep worshipping a homicidal God, if only not to receive a lightning bolt up the ass.

And as much as this hurts my soul, go, Franklin Graham:

"It's not appropriate in a crisis like this to take advantage of people who are hurting and suffering," said the Rev. Franklin Graham, head of Samaritan's Purse and son of evangelist Billy Graham.

Samaritan's Purse is rushing $4 million in sanitation, food, medical and housing supplies to its teams in Sri Lanka and Indonesia. But Graham, in a phone interview from his North Carolina headquarters, said there were no plans to hand out Christian literature with the relief.

"Maybe another day, if they ask why I come, I'd say I'm a Christian and I believe the Bible tells me to do this," Graham said. "But now isn't the time. We have to save lives."


See? That's tact.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?