Sunday, March 20, 2005

 

Choose Life

I have a suggestion for all the politicians and preachers who are suddenly rushing to Teri Schiavo's defense: Do you want to help her stay alive? Then pay her bills.

You guys do know why her husband is pulling the plug, right? Her chances for even the slightest bit of recovery are dangling at somewhere around 1%, and he's been driven past the point of bankruptcy watching what was his wife struggle to recognize him for 15 years. If you want to make sure that Teri and her family, including her husband, are better off, then don't allow them to fall into financial ruin by keeping her alive.

This is what makes me so pissed off about people who try to protect "the sanctity of life": they're all for it when the fetus is in the womb or the breathing tube is about to be removed, but once the baby's born or life support is restored, they suddenly remember they left the stove on.

Comments:
thank you, Justin; is it not amazing that this would be happening in Florida. I wonder if you would join me in a plan to take 60% of the House of Representatives and publicly bayonet them. I see it as a pay-per-view venue for those who can't attend in person.

Again, as always, your rants lift my days.
 
And thank you, dear Mrs. Astor, for visiting me. I wouldn't go so far as to bayonet that 60%, however. Maybe a nice good pimp-slapping, but nothing involving gore.
 
I was also thinking of feeding them to lions, but thought PETA might have issues with that.
 
Lions is too quick. How about being pecked to death by maniacal ducks?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?