Tuesday, March 29, 2005

 

Say Your Prayers

So, um, yeah. Falwell's on a respirator.

Look, I'm going to say this right now: I do not wish Falwell any harm. You know why? I don't think he, at his very core, is wicked and corrupt and an user of religion to further his own agenda (Robertson and Helms, however, are still up for grabs). In fact, I've heard stories about how he's actually rather nice.

I think he's a man who has been afraid his entire life. He's a man who has been raised to believe that if he so much as swears without getting on his knees and begging forgiveness from the Lord, he's gonna go straight to Hell. He's a man who has constantly been afraid, fearful of what he needs not be afraid. He may have done some detestable things in God's name, but at least he didn't, say, suggest nuking the State Department, or write a letter to a grieving mother telling her that her son deserved to die of AIDS, unlike the two fucksticks listed above.

I don't hate him. I pity him. And I wish him a speedy recovery.

Of course, feel free to deconstruct this post.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?