Monday, May 09, 2005

 

Looks to Me Like Beef Poisoning

Once upon a time, the Cognito Clan vacationed in Quebec. After our car broke down, we spent a day and night on Mont Tremblant waiting for it to be repaired. We arrived on Mont Tremblant just as it was closing down for the season. When we went into a saloon-styled restaurant for lunch, I, just entering puberty, ordered a half-pound burger. The waitstaff responded by bringing out a burger that weighed two pounds, because they had to use up all the beef before they closed. That burger conquered me. While I may have been hungry, I was nowhere near prepared enough for a two pound hamburger.

Which makes me wonder why someone thought it would be a good idea to make a fifteen pound version of that motherfucker.

Oh, right; because they can.

Comments:
I was wondering why the Discworld was floating off-center...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?