Friday, May 06, 2005

 

Not Every Sperm is Sacred

A few weeks ago, I tried to give blood. You may look at the links on the side of my blog and realize the problem involved in this. Needless to say, I was deferred from donating, because I'd tried to have sex with a guy, and even though we never actually went through with the act, it still counted. The nurse was sympathetic, telling me that she had a gay brother, and that I should check back until the day when the government pulls its head out of its ass.

That day is not today. Hell, today the head moved up into the stomach. The FDA is going to implement rules that would bar gay men from donating sperm unless they've been celebate for five years.

Even scarier, as Shakespeare's Sister notes, is that HIV is now more than ever an equal-opportunity disease, so there's no reason for this rule to exist other than the belief that all gay men are disease-infested sex fiends.

Seriously, how far back are we sliding?

Comments:
I believe the turkey baster remains exempt from FDA rule. It's just guys like me can't donate to sperm banks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?