Sunday, July 10, 2005

 

I Am Not the Shit Beneath Your Heels

The new black in politics seems to be the idea of "surrenderism"; that is, the idea that we should sacrifice our interests, our values, even our very will to seek the things that keep us alive, before the great nation state. Antonin Scalia said that "excessive costs" are a good enough reason to make the handicapped of America crawl up courthouse steps. Priscilla Owen deliberately delayed Willie Searcy's case to the point that his continued existence was no longer a threat to a multibillion dollar company.

Now, Jeb Bush is dealing with the matter of Marissa Amora, a black six-year-old girl in foster care. While under the care of previous foster parents who had a lengthy record of criminal abuse, Marissa suffered horrible injuries that left her in need of permanent care, including a feeding tube. A jury ruled against Florida's Department of Children and Families, awarding Marissa $35 million in damages for future care. So, does Jeb Bush admit that his government was wrong?

No. He's fighting to dismiss the award. Not reduce, but dismiss. And he says it's because the jury was swayed by "prejudice and sympathy".

No more. No. More. I love my nation. I love America. I will give my life for its ideals, its liberties, and its people. I will not give up my life because some fucktard with supreme power thinks that I am nothing in the face of his prevailing interests.

JFK once said that I should ask what I can do for my country. And I do. I volunteer, I help, and, while paying taxes will probably be a pain in the ass, at least I'll do them while recognizing that they go to doing good works. All of this, however, is contingent on the idea that my country will do something for me. They will protect me, they will nurture me, and they will allow me full access to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Unconditionally, and not because it doesn't get in the way of some prevailing interest.

I have done much for my country. I will do much for my country. But I will not be asked to give up my livelihood just because the wrong guy fucked up.

Comments:
Jeb is a fucking horror show. He fights to keep the feeding tube in a brain-dead white woman and fights to take money away from a black girl. Behind all the fun and glamor of life here, one has to wonder what has to be done to stop this type of madness. And to think that all this is a lead-up to a run for president. The horror!
 
We can't let people like Jeb Bush be president. We can't have people who look at us like numbers, poll points, and opportunities running the show. Hell, his brother George is probably less manipulative than he is, and look what he's done (among the bullshit, the "hugging a terror victim's daughter" campaign ad).
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?