Tuesday, July 12, 2005

 

Now Show Me On the Doll Where the Bad Political Philosophy Touched You

Oh, hi, Rick Santorum. I know you're busy worrying about the things I do to Fido on a nightly basis, but I'd like to talk to you about your recent comments about how that filthy liberalism was why the clergy sex abuse scandal started in Boston.

Y'see, Rick, I'm a Bostonian. I happen to also be a liberal. And I also happen to know that a lot of church members, including Bernard Law, happened to be conservative, and thus thought ignoring the problem would be better than dealing with it. I also happen to know that Pope John Paul II, who was also a strict conservative, did not turn on Law in shame, but invited him to the Vatican to escape prosecution.

Also, as far as I know, Harvard professors did not rape any little boys. Happily-wedded gay couples did not coerce children placed in their trust into performing sex acts. John Kerry did not engage in child sex abuse (although, had the Swift Boat campaign failed, I wouldn't have been surprised to hear that one).

In short, Rick, liberals did not allow members of the Catholic Church to abuse children. The Catholic Church allowed members of the Catholic Church to abuse children.

Good. Glad we got that sorted out. Now go violate Godwin's Law some more, or something.

UPDATE: He's not backing down. Mind you, he has yet to say anything about the liberal attitudes in San Diego, or Ireland, or anywhere else. I guess those damn liberals are as secret as the Illuminati, huh?

Comments:
By far the best post I've read on this subject.

I especially loved the snarky title.
 
BTW, AmericaBlog has some follow up on this.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?