Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

"I'm Beginning to Doubt Your Commitment to Sparkle Motion."

Here's what a FEMA representative said about the firefighters who thought their time could be better spent, y'know, rescuing people than attending sexual harrassment seminars:

Federal officials are unapologetic.
"I would go back and ask the firefighter to revisit his commitment to FEMA, to firefighting and to the citizens of this country," said FEMA spokeswoman Mary Hudak.


Well, I'd honestly say they're pretty committed to saving lives, which is, I don't know, what we pay them to do. Of course, pointing out the glaringly obvious is un-American, as making our own reality is a fast-growing cottage industry.

For further angst about how the American dream is seemingly un-American, go read the unbeatable John Rogers, who says it all far more eloquently than I can.

Comments:
Oh, darling, don't sell yourself short. You are quite, quite eloquent.
 
Thanks. It's just college is slowly cutting down on the time in which I can be eloquent.
 
I saw DD for the first time on Tuesday, and your title made me laugh out loud for the first time in nearly two weeks. Thanks so much for that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?