Friday, January 20, 2006

 

Hmm... And What If I Could Kill People Just By Looking at Them?

Now, I don't think anyone could consider Jonah Goldberg the world's greatest moral authority (except himself and his dear, dear mommy). But when I see shit like this, I get down on my knees and thank every deity I can think of (up to and including Azathoth and the Flying Spaghetti Monster) that his greatest influence is upon a groupthink blog:

What if Bush offered/accepted one[Truce With Osama] and then, under the flag of truce, had Osama killed and his minions rounded up?

It’s amusing to imagine what some of Bush’s biggest critics might say.


You know what this critic of Bush would say, Jonah? I would say this: America is dead.

What the fuck is wrong with people like Jonah Goldberg? Now, let me say that I have no problem with- hell, I actively encourage- pumping lead into the face of an unrepentant Bin Laden. But when people like Jonah hypothetically discuss these flagrant violations of international law and, oh yeah, basic human civility as if they are The Shit, I have to worry about their vision of America. Do they have any respect for honor, justice, and kindness?

No. No, they don't. Alberto Gonzales had no sense of justice when he talked about how the Geneva Convention is outmoted. Bush had no sense of honor when he decided he could sneak around the torture ban. Why should I be surprised that low-level wankstains like Goldberg are using their blogs for masturbatory power fantasies?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?