Friday, February 10, 2006

 

This Is What I Get For Letting Homework Kick My Ass

Yeah. So, apparently, while I was feeling the crushing weight of an eight-page assignment yesterday, politics went blammo all around me.

First of all, the Washington Times's magazine stated that the wiretaps did fuck-all, as al Qaeda had already learned to use couriers. Furthermore, whenever someone was designated a potential terrorist, all their calls were monitored, even if they went to another person in the United States- which goes against Bush's statement that the program limited all wiretaps to international calls.

Meanwhile, Scooter Libby squealed like a pig, claiming that Cheney gave him authority to spill classified information to journalists "to defend the Bush administration's use of prewar intelligence in making the case to go to war with Iraq" (read: to do the political equivalent of detailing Joe Wilson's car using a baseball bat). Of course, this is only testimony for now, but I bet there's a lot of squirming going on in Washington right now.

This is what happens when I put homework first.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?