Thursday, May 11, 2006

 

Hey, Let's See How Far I Can Bend Over!

I am getting very fucking sick of the DNC. Let's look at the list of problems here, shall we?

1. Howard Dean goes on The 700 Club in an effort to pander to Pat Robertson and his followers, all of whom believe that contemporary liberalism will do to them what matter does to antimatter.
2. Howard Dean tells them that the Democratic Party platform speaks of marriage being between a man and a woman.
3. Howard Dean deliberately misrepresents the Democratic Party platform by putting forth this little canard.

Of course, the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force hit the DNC where it hurts by returning a $5000 donation from Dean, and Dean quickly issued an apology. Still, this is the kind of shit that makes me angry. The DNC is treating us like a football, only bringing us up and reassuring us how much they love us only when they need the money and the votes.

I'm tired of this. If the Democratic Party wants my vote next time around, they have to assure me that they're working for me because they care about me as a person. Not because they care about me as a voter.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?