Thursday, July 06, 2006

 

The Different Casing Is So Worth the Racist Overtones

If the $600 PS3 didn't convince you, then I offer irrefutable proof that Sony hath lost their goddamned minds. And if that doesn't work for ya, how about entreaties to suicide and a delightful message of, "I saw your girlfriend's poon"?

So this is what a tailspin looks like.

EDIT: All right, I dug a little deeper and got some sense of perspective. Second of all, I found out that the billboard isn't actually in America; it's in Holland. While I still don't think it was the wisest ad in the world, I can see it relatively stripped of racial connotations in a place like Holland, where the black/white divide is a lot more muted than over here.

Still doesn't stop the other ads from being dumb as all hell, though.

Comments:
Dear Justin ~ I love you. You are the sanest voice in this crazy world. I would feel lost without your blog. Keep up the good work, and thank you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?