Thursday, September 28, 2006

 

And Meanwhile...

I can only watch as the country I love, the country I believe in, slowly gets torn apart. I watch as the president is handed the authority to determine what's torture and what's not on a silver platter, and as habeas corpus gets shat upon. I watch as people honestly argue that it's fine to torture, that we can simulate drowning, cover people in fake menses, and stretch them out to the point where they feel like they're going to break into large chunks.

I watch this... and I fear.

Someone, tell me this will all get better. Tell me that the world will go back to normal. Tell me that we will no longer have to walk in fear, every hour of every day.

Tell me this is not America.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?