Sunday, November 05, 2006

 

Eye-uh Have-uh SIIIINNNED!

Well, Ted Haggard has finally admitted that he's a hypocritical asshole. But has he finally realized that it's okay to be gay, and it was wrong to malign gay people while engaging in affairs behind his back? Gee, what do you think?

"The fact is I am guilty of sexual immorality, and I take responsibility for the entire problem. I am a deceiver and a liar. There's a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it all my
adult life," he said.


Emphasis mine. Fuck you, Mr. Haggard. I've been open with my sexuality for five years in my life, and I have never hired a gay prostitute or taken meth, and I never will. Your problem is that you've built a life around scorning what you are, around insulting others and making them suffer because you can't come to terms with your sexuality. And given this moment when you could redeem yourself, when you could realize just what you've really been doing wrong, you've revealed yourself as a man who will not own up for his actions, and who will continue to kill the scapegoat.

At least, until the next time this happens.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?