Friday, January 26, 2007

 

Copyright and Copyleft

So, let me see if I've got this straight...

When a left-wing blogger posts soundclips of talk show hosts on a Disney-owned radio station ramping up for the Sports Bar Putsch, Disney feels the need to assert copyright. When a day care center puts Mickey Mouse on its walls, Disney feels the need to assert coypright. When Sean Hannity broadcasts footage that was cut from The Path to 9/11 because it twisted the alleged source material into a baseless savaging of the Clinton Administration and painted Bush as blameless, without first procuring the rights... Disney decides not to assert copyright, because it's "fair use."

At this point, I'm running out of angry things to say about Disney, ABC, and their various media tentacles that seek to placate the far right. So let me just say, I think I'll be taking my theoretical kids to Universal Studios instead.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?