Monday, February 26, 2007

 

A Naked Man With No Genitals, Holding A Sword

Yeah, I know, I haven't been posting lately. Things have been hectic around these parts. So, what better way to ease back in than with an Oscar post?

Ellen DeGeneres was pretty funny. Not as good as Jon Stewart, but that's pretty much obvious.

Speaking of famous lesbians, Melissa Etheridge won an Oscar for writing a song for a film about global warming. And then she thanked her wife in the acceptance speech. Somewhere, David Horowitz broils with fury.

Al Gore likely deserved his Oscar, too. What does it say about me that I honestly hoped he was going to announce his candidacy?

Eddie Murphy didn't win Best Supporting Actor. Something tells me that might be because he made Norbit and, by creating his own post-Oscar slump, managed to break the bonds of fate. Or maybe Alan Arkin was just that good. Whichever

And, of course, Martin Scorsese finally gets his Oscar. All I can say is, it's about freaking time. Oh, and that I should probably see The Departed at some point (yeah, yeah, I know. I'm a bad, bad film buff).

And that's that. Well, except for the five hundred articles that will inevitably come out about liberal bias at the Oscars. Again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?