Friday, January 04, 2008

 

The Caucus Race

So, the Iowa caucus is over with, and Obama and Huckabee have emerged as victors. Not much I can say about Obama, though I am impressed by the youth turnout for the vote. I still prefer Edwards, but he's not a bad second choice.

Huckabee, on the other hand... now, he's interesting. While I hope to hell the media exposes his gay bashing, choice-destroying, rapist-freeing, Christian Dominionist ways, what really fascinates me now is how quickly prominent Republican pundits are losing their shit over the whole thing. It looks like they finally realized that the religious right aren't a force to lead around on a leash. Theoretically, this may lead to more glorious schadenfreud as the year progresses.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?