Wednesday, January 23, 2008

 

Why So Serious?

So, in case you haven't heard already, Heath Ledger is dead. I've got to say, I didn't follow the guy's career that closely, but he did a lot of good stuff. I first saw him in Ten Things I Hate About You, and even if I didn't immediately identify him as, well, Heath Ledger, I still liked his performance. And while I give Brokeback Mountain shit because everyone celebrated it as being so "progressive" when it fell back on the tired old horse of killing off one half of the gay couple for angst, Ledger still did a hell of a good job (and hey, at least it wasn't I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry).

The worst part is, it's a shame he had to go out now. Everyone's abuzz about the trailer to The Dark Knight, especially Ledger's part in it. It looks like he took the role of The Joker and really made it his own. At least he has a great performance to go out on.

Oh... and look who's going to be at the funeral. Ah, well; I guess that $11 million won't make itself back. Maybe ol' Fred will get lucky and someone will give him the Golden Curbstomp.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?