Saturday, May 24, 2008

 

Look, I'm Just Saying...



Oh, Hillary:

"My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June, right? We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California. I don't understand it," she said, dismissing calls to drop out.

Not only were her comments -- what's the phrase -- "horribly fucking inappropriate," but they touched on something that shouldn't have been touched. Most people who support Obama have this fear in the back of their heads, what happens if someone really doesn't like the idea of a black guy for president? It's been debated on message boards, covered by the media, and so on. And for Clinton to touch that nerve, even unintentionally, belies an absolute lack of tact.

I know I haven't really gotten on this train yet, but: please, Senator Clinton. I know I'm just some punk college student with a near zero readership blog, but please. Step out. This is obviously taking some form of toll on you.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?