Wednesday, June 04, 2008

 

He's Nothing Like The Peasants In My Own Mind



I have said it before, and I will say it again, if only because I don't think there's truly a way to put my full meaning behind these words unless I have the vocal cords of Black Bolt: Cut the "elitist" crap. I mean, honestly, it's entering self-parody by this point. We have the hard-bitten, blue collar workers of CNN and MSNBC constantly pontificating on whether or not Obama is out of touch with "the common man." Again I ask, who is the common man, and which of you has honestly spent a solid amount of time in his presence?

Of course, leave it to David Brooks to drive it to the point of self-parody, by claiming that Obama wouldn't fit in naturally at an Applebee's salad bar. First of all, yes, because I'm sure Brooks spends all his time eating at Applebee's on the dime of the New York Times, which is truly the paper of the proletariat. Second of all, as many people who have actually been inside an Applebee's have noted, Applebee's doesn't have a salad bar.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Fuck your memetics. Next time you're talking to the members of Steelworkers 503 (you know, around the time when the rivers turn to blood), ask them whether they care about the candidate who supports universal health care or the candidate who eats at T.G.I. Friday's. You might be surprised by the answer.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?