Monday, July 14, 2008

 

Four More Years



Four years. It's been about four years since I started this blog. That's the time between presidential elections, Summer Olympics, and leap years... all of which we will have, or had, this year. Funny how that works.

When I started this blog, I just wanted to have a place to comment on weird news articles, bitch about politics, and share events from my daily life like most of the other bloggers and LJers I read. After a while, I guess the blog started to veer towards politics and pop culture, and lately it's been mostly politics, with the occasional bit of pop culture.

Of course, it's not like I've been at the top of the game all this time. When I started the blog, I took the position of the "ostrich centrist," the kind of person who thinks, "Oh, both sides have good points, why can't we find a balance?" After a while, of course, I came to realize that playing centrist isn't the most logical position in the world when the majority of one party's insistent on tearing up the Constitution and the leadership of the other party seems to keep saying, "Thank you, sir, may I have another?" I've made incredibly specious arguments on this blog, some in the past year. I've acted like a self-entitled fanboy when it comes to pop culture, passing premature judgment on events or shows that took a slight downturn or did something that seemed disagreeable at the time (though I still hold true to everything I said about the death of Captain America).

But over all, I just want to look back at everything that's happened. When I started this blog, I was fearful about what the next school year, my last year at high school, would bring. And I guess the phenomenon's repeating; next year, I graduate at Emerson, and fling myself into the weird, wild world of screenwriting. And this blog will still be here, of course. To record all my fears, my outrages, and my hopes.

It's been a good ride so far. Here's hoping it keeps going.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?