Monday, August 11, 2008

 

Obama Must Sup From The Font of TGI Fridays, 24/7



You know, I honestly believe that the punditry will not be happy with Barack Obama until he sets most of his money on fire, dresses up in a work shirt and oil-stained blue jeans on all campaign appearances, and takes all his meals at the salad bar at Applebee's. Then they get to call him a poseur, a radical populist, and maybe even a Communist.

Take, for instance, this statement from Cokie Roberts, which is so dense I'm surprised it doesn't spontaneously collapse and form a white hole.

Roberts: …going off this week I know his grandmother lives in Hawaii and I know Hawaii is a state, but it has the look of him going off to some sort of foreign, exotic place. He should be at Myrtle Beach and if he’s going to take a vacation at this time. I just think this is not the time to do that.

"Yes, we know he's visiting a beloved relative, and we know he's not going out of the country, but the idiots in the Midwest -- er, I mean, 'the potential voters' might get Hawaii confused with Fiji! I mean, I have no idea why they'd get that impression..."

Yeah, forget the work shirt and blue jeans. I don't think the media bots will drop the elitist bullshit until Obama's wearing a potato sack.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?