Saturday, January 01, 2005

 

MMMMMEEEEEMMMMMEEEEE!

What do you know, six months with a blog, and I haven't picked up a meme yet. Well, this is as good a time as any. From Fraulein N:

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? Like dear Fraulein, I started a blog.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Didn't make any. Suck on that, biznitches.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My German ex-nanny and family friend gave birth to a baby boy named Constantine. Hopefully he won't take up a habit of wearing a trenchcoat, smoking Silk Cut, and flipping off the Devil.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Thank heavens, no.

5. What countries did you visit? The Cognito Clan spent a week down at a nice villa near Playa del Carmen in Mexico back in February. Other than that, travel's been mainly national- well, unless Puerto Rico counts as something more than a territory.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you didn't have in 2004? Cash. Freedom. Strong friendships.

7. What dates from 2004 will remain etched in your memory, and why? 5/17/2004: Gay marriage in Massachusetts. Eat it, Falwell. Oh, and 12/15/2004: I get into Emerson. I'd say higher education is pretty flipping important. Then there's 4/16/2004: the day I finally left the Catholic Church.

8. What was your biggest acheivement of the year? Getting into my first choice for college. Well, that and getting a full 1600 on the SATs. That was somewhere near spectacular.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not being able to maintain my relationship with my boyfriend. We both knew it wasn't going to last (he was probably gonna move to California, and I was gonna go to college), but it still stunk nonetheless. At least I've learned from it (well, hopefully).

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Oh, honey, you don't want to know. Or, if you do, see here, here, and here.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Well, City of Heroes was pretty awesome for the four months I played it. For a first foray into MMORPGs, it was pretty nice.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? The Massachusetts Supreme Court, for issuing the "Suck It, Romney" ultimatum that declared marriage and nothing else for gay people. Oh, and Jon Stewart, for saying every bad thing I have ever wanted to say to the toolboxes on Crossfire.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and disgusted? Do I have to pick just one? Okay, okay: Karl Rove, Jimmy Swaggart, Archbishop Sean O'Malley, that government official in Hawaii who said he'd sign a bill making the execution of gay people a binding law, James Dobson, and, most importantly of all, John Kerry (dude, what the fuck?).

14. Where did most of your money go? I honestly don't know. I probably plomped down $85 for City of Heroes, and who knows how much on various graphic novels. That's as close as I can get to a solid figure.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Kerry promising to establish a federal civil unions program (alas), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie, my college prospects, and the Massachusetts marriages. God, that's a lot of gay.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004? Whichever one of those songs invaded every part of my brain, twisting my synapses and raping my privacy and god, oh god, it's the beating on a hideous emo band! So, yeah. "The Reason." Shut up, Hoobastank.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder/fatter or thinner?

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Social interaction, working out, writing.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Having minor shit fits in the face of impending college life.

20. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? I spent it with my parents, watching Monty Python and the Meaning of Life for 45 minutes until going to bed at 9. Yup; real party animals, the Cognitos.

21. Did you fall in love in 2004? See above.

22. How many one-night stands? Uh, none.

23. What was your favorite TV program? As with Fraulein, a tie between Lost and Desperate Housewives. Vive la Bree Van De Kamp!

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate last year? Well, I didn't know who James Dobson was this time last year, and now I can't think of him without saying obscenities, so, yeah.

25. What was the best book you read? Christopher Moore's Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal. For real, y'all. Not only was it hysterical, but it showed great respect for Christ's teachings and had a rendition of the Passion that would make Crazy Mel Gibson turn in his cross.

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? FNX 101.7. Sweet, sweet freedom from putrid, putrid crap.

27. What did you want and get? Angels in America on DVD, a boyfriend, and a new leather jacket.

28. What did you want and not get? Still waiting on that damn pony.

29. What was your favorite film of the year? I saw absolutely zero films this year. For real, y'all. For films of this year, I'd say Kill Bill Vol. 2. For films merely seen this year, The Iron Giant ("Superman...").

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 18. They was a drunken orgy, a lot of quaaludes, and the summoning of the highest archdemons of Hell. Oh, all right, I opened my presents, then went to the Cheesecake Factory with my family for lunch.

31. What one thing would have made your year measurably more satisfying? "Ladies and gentlemen, John Kerry is the next President of the United States."

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? "SoCal Skater/Surfer" with occasional "Biker" elements thrown in for taste.

33. What kept you sane? Academically: Thoughts about my eventual autonomy. Politically: Thoughts about how Canada isn't really that far away.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you value the most? Tie between Gavin Newsom for his sexy civil disobedience (sure, it sent the marriage movement down the crapper, but it did it with style!) and Jon Stewart.

35. What political issue stirred you the most? Dude. Did you not just read the gazillion questions above that namechecked gay marriage in one way or another?

36. Who did you miss? Well, it's only been a few days, but fuck, do I miss Lenny Briscoe. Why couldn't you take Elisabeth Rohm, death?

37. Who was the best new person you met? My then-boyfriend, now just-friend.

38. Tell us a valueable life lesson you learned in 2004. It could always be worse. And if something suspicious happens to Bush, then hit the border running.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Hey! Think the time is right for a palace revolution..."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?