Friday, June 10, 2005

 

Oh, I Wish That I Had Jesse's Gall

Some time ago, I expressed the desire to start a conga line on Jesse Helms's grave. In that time, I've come to realize that wishing death on people and celebrating it when it happens is bad (yeah, I apologize to you for that also, Arafat). Now, I go by the "six months and colleagues" rule: no criticizing the deceased's actions in life for the first six months after their passing, but comments from their colleagues about how they were the bestest person ever are fair game.

That being said, I would still like Jesse Helms to ram it where the sun don't shine.

"We will never know how integration might have been achieved in neighborhoods across our land, because the opportunity was snatched away by outside agitators who had their own agendas to advance," according to the uncorrected proof. "We certainly do know the price paid by the stirring of hatred, the encouragement of violence, the suspicion and distrust."

Oh, do you mean "the stirring of hatred" by times like when you referred to Dr. King as a "pervert"? And there's your answer, folks: the Commies were responsible for integration. They couldn't get to our precious bodily fluids, so they went for our black people.

It's also handy to note that the headline of the article is "Helms Apologetic on AIDS in Memoir", it's not about the fact that he wanted AIDS to fester among certain populations and kill them all off, but rather the fact that it turned out it was a disease and not the wrath of God. I know I said I wouldn't hope for death, but that never stopped me from hoping he gets kicked upside the head.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?